As we have commented in previous posts, and to the present (September 2021), Spain continues on the amber list of countries in the United Kingdom. This results in a series of measures, which must be met by travelers arriving in any of these countries from Spain.
But what about those who will only be in England for a short time? When arriving from a destination that is on the amber list, the measures to be taken are:
- Have a Covid-19 test before traveling to England: RT-PCR no longer than 72 hours or antigens no longer than 48 hours. With results in English and QR code. At medmesafe, we have any of these two options throughout Spain.
- Fill in the form known as the “passenger locator form”.
- Having bought the RT-PCR tests at home, to be performed on day 2 and day 8 after arrival in the United Kingdom.
Upon arrival in England, your next steps will depend on whether or not you are fully vaccinated.
In case of being fully vaccinated against Covid-19:
It is understood as a completely vaccinated person, those who have the complete schedule of any of the vaccines approved by the European Union, and who have passed 15 days or more since their last dose.
- Having bought your RT-PCR test kit at home on day 2. It is counted as day “0”, the day you have arrived in England.
- You do not need to quarantine.
If you are not vaccinated against Covid-19:
- Have performed your RT-PCR or antigen test prior to arrival in England.
- Keep quarantine for 10 days or in the accommodation chosen by the person.
- Buy the kit on day 2 and day 8 to perform your test at home.
This quarantine is only reducible if the person pays for a private RT-PCR test on day 5 after arriving in England.
- If you travel to England for 24 hours, maximum of 36 hours, you must buy your kit from day 2 but do not quarantine.
- If you are fully vaccinated, you must buy your kit from day 2 but you will not need to quarantine.
- If you are not vaccinated, you will need to quarantine and purchase your 2nd and 8th kit.