Traveling to France without COVID passport

The various countries of the European Union have wanted to encourage vaccination and thus authorise people with the full vaccination schedule to travel within the Schengen area without a compulsory Covid test.


If I am “anti-vaccine” or a minor, can I cross the border between Spain and France?


The answer is of course yes. Movement within Europe is free. However, you will need to take a Covid-19 test (PCR or antigens) in order to cross.




Which covid test do I have to take to enter France?

Travellers aged 12 years or older, unvaccinated, not fully vaccinated, or having been vaccinated with a vaccine not accepted by the European Union, must present:


a PCR or antigen test less than 24 hours old

a certificate of recovery of the Covid-19



Where can I do my test in Spain?

In Spain, the only entities authorised to issue a valid certificate for travel are accredited laboratories.


At medmesafe, we have a network of more than 100 laboratories throughout Spain to perform your PCR test:


Your PCR test, click here

Your antigen test, click here

By placing your order through our website, you will have access to promotions and advantages.


In Madrid, we offer several options at the best price:

PCR test with results the same afternoon and without appointment in the centre of Madrid – click here

Antigen test with results in 20 minutes – Click here

We also offer two home delivery services to the hotel (only in the city of Madrid):


PCR at home with results the same evening – Click here

Antigen test with results in 20 minutes – Click here

For quotes in other cities in Spain or groups of travellers, contact us at this link.


Attention: The covid-19 test in pharmacies, as well as the self-diagnostic tests, are not valid for travel.


For more information, we are at your disposal through this form or our customer service on WhatsApp.


Content Marketing Specialist for websites and social networks +10 years experience in creative writing for different fields AIESEC Alumni Bachelor of Social Communication with specialization in Marketing and Corporate Communications (UCAB)