Living with celiac disease: a guide to not worry in the attempt – It is a pathology in which your own immune system attacks you, as drastic as it sounds. This type of condition is called autoimmune, and in the case of celiac disease, it is the small intestine that suffers at the hands of the immune system.
It is activated by consumption and contact with gluten. It is important to note that it is more than not being able to consume it, it is the mere relationship with the protein that activates it. In fact, many people with celiac disease can consume gluten, the pathology is in the inappropriate and harmful way in which the immune system is activated by products such as: wheat, barley, oats, rye and some products for lips, skin and hair
- Loss of weight and appetite.
- Nausea, vomiting, diarrhea, bloating.
- Loss of muscle mass.
- Changes in character (sadness, irritability, apathy).
- Abdominal pain.
- Growth retardation in children.
- Iron deficiency anemia.
Medical information extracted from MejorConSalud
Living with Celiac Disease: Tips to carry it forward in the healthiest way
- The main thing is to make sure that it is indeed celiac disease that has been causing you problems. At medmesafe we offer the Celiac Disease Analysis, a non-invasive test that, through a blood sample, determines your predisposition to celiac disease without pain or discomfort.
To take the test, at a special price for coming from this post, click here
- If once you have your result, you are indeed celiac, it is important that you assume that you must eliminate gluten from your diet and your life completely. The slightest contact will awaken the effects of the disease.
- Make your lifestyle one based on natural food: fruits, vegetables, legumes, vegetables and meat, instead of cereals, dough, flour and industrialized products.
- Maintain strict cleanliness in the kitchen. When you are celiac, you cannot use the same utensils or spaces in which gluten-containing foods are prepared, as that would also activate your immune system.
- Take precautions when you eat away from home: the responsible thing is that when having family meals or in restaurants, you take into account your condition and make sure that they will be suitable environments for you.
Cheer up! Start your peaceful and friendly transition here.