The requirements for traveling from Spain to New Zealand are listed here for you to be able to prepare and book your flight smoothly. The New Zealand Goverment has published this information under their traveling and inmigration website
- Proof of being COVID-19 free: passengers must submit either a negative PCR test taken 48 prior to their flight or a rapid antigen test, not older than 24 hours. On the day of your arrival, you will need to pass another PCR at the airport and on your 5th day.
- A valid passport: Inside New Zealand, the validity of passports may change from what it usually is. You can check if yours is ok to enter, here
- A New Zealand Traveler Declaration: this is a document that details information on your trip and ultimately allows you to arrive. There is more information about it below.
When it comes to the PCR test, for travelers going from Spain to New Zealand, at medmesafe we provide all types of Covid-19 tests, authorized for international travel and with exclusive discounts for our customers:
- RT-PCR test, results in 12 to 24 hours. Price from €69. Buy here
- Rapid antigen test, results 1-2 hours. Price from €25. Buy here.
- RT-PCR test at home, same day results. Price 149€. Buy here.
- Rapid antigen test at home, results in 1 hour. Price 69€. Buy here.
For more information, you can contact us by phone on +34 911 284 591 or by filling in this form
More on The New Zealand Traveler Declaration
In this document you will be asked basic information about you and your stay in New Zealand, since the pandemic, it also sums up basic health records like vaccine status. In detail, the New Zealand Traveler Declaration asks you for:
- Your contact information: where the authorities can reach you if necessary. Learn more here, at the Health Ministry of New Zealand official website
- Your travel history for the 14 days prior to your arrival in New Zealand. You will be asked to list any countries you have (or will visit or transit through in the 14 days prior to your arrival in New Zealand
- Passport and flight information
You should note that you should submit your declaration as soon as you have your negative PCR test for approval.
Do I have to quarantine?
Going through quarantine in New Zealand is a measure that the authorities may take if you test positive the day of your arrival or depending on the statistics of the countries you pass before.
Managed Isolation and Quarantine is a system designed by New Zealand to group COVID positive individuals. Is a mental health conscious initiative, proven crucial in the efforts against the pandemic. Find out more about it here
Dont forget to share these Requirements for Traveling from Spain to New Zealand, with everyone you think may need them!