The 9 Weirdest Allergies in the World – Almost all of us are allergic to something, in fact between 20 and 25% of the population in the world has an allergic disease. To shellfish, pollen, animal hair and insect bites, generally, however, you would be surprised at many other things that you can be allergic to and not believe it at first: chocolate? the latex? allergy to the same sun?
Being allergic to something means that you are hypersensitive to contact or interaction with the object that causes the reaction. The fact is that there are many allergic causes that nobody would imagine that they can develop the symptoms that they do, in that sense, we have listed several so that you may get the reason for that inexplicable energy.
The 9 Weirdest Allergies in the World
1.Urticaria in the Sun: There are skins that do not support the proteins that solar radiation transmits, in the same way as others, in fact that is 10% of all people in the world. The most common way it manifests is in pustules around the body and hives
This allergy occurs more in fair skin and to combat it it is necessary to graduate sun exposure and include antioxidant foods such as carrots, which also have photoprotective qualities.
2. Allergy to Water: It is extremely difficult to imagine, but the truth is that it has been discovered and proven in 30 people that allergy to water exists. In this small group, water is synonymous with annoying skin reactions such as itching and redness.
To live with it, they have to take short showers and resort to antihistamines, as there is no cure or specific treatment.
3. Allergy to Cold: breezes, rain and even cold foods and drinks can trigger allergic symptoms and reactions. Although it affects 1 in 2,000 people, it can cause fever, malaise and hives on the skin
4. Sensitivity to Semen: Proteins in semen can cause hives and significant burning if someone with this allergy comes into contact and especially in the area with which the semen comes into contact. 5% of women suffer from it and even quite a few men
5. Electromagnetic Sensitivity: With the passage of time and the development of technology, devices such as microwaves, mobile phones and computers have accumulated allergies. It appears as dizziness, vomiting, headaches and even digestive disturbances.
6. Exercise Allergy: It’s real and very convenient when you want to get away. Physical activity can trigger reactions such as itching and hives, which respond specifically to body movement and increased body temperature and sweat. Now you can use it as an excuse!
7. Allergy to meat: Also known as Alpha-Ghal, due to the sugary component present in meat that arouses the allergic reaction and is found in mammalian meat, for which eating chicken or fish does not affect these allergies.
8. Latex Sensitivity: For some people, contact with this material can cause itching and hives. The good news is that there is nothing to fear from avoiding contact with the material, the hard part is that prophylactics, gloves and mattresses are made of latex.
9. Reaction to pinkish fruits: peaches, apples, pears, apricots, cherries, plums, strawberries and almonds have a specific protein that causes annoying and inconvenient allergies to certain people.
How do I know if I have an allergy and to what?
Perhaps you have realized that there are things that can arouse allergies and that they are the most random and particular. We have an Allergy Test on our website that analyzes, in a period of 30 days, all the enzymes and proteins in your body and gives you a complete report of which allergic triggers your body reacts to or not.