Types of Obesity – That excessive level of fat in your body is called obesity. It is indeed an epidemic, according to the World Health Organization. It can be the cause or consequence of a greater condition, but in any case it is always an indicator that you should take a deeper look at your health.
Types of Obesity: according to its causes
According to the reasons that lead a person to be obese, the types are:
- Genetics: an extremely determining factor. You can take a Nutrigenetic test to take control from this approach.
- Diet: Abusive consumption of foods rich in fat and poor in nutrients.
- Nervous: occurs due to diseases such as anxiety, depression or stress).
- Endocrine: it is related to hormonal pathologies or excess production of insulin (hyperinsulinism)
- Medication: when obesity is a side effect of excessive drug intake.
- Chromosomal: arises due to chromosomal defects such as Down Syndrome or Turner Syndrome.
Types of Obesity: according to the place where it occurs
- Abdominal obesity: it is more frequent in men and can be connected with heart conditions and diabetes
- Gynoid obesity: it is in the thighs, hips and buttocks. It’s more common in women.
- Homogeneous obesity: it is distributed equally throughout the body.
For any circumstance, it is convenient that you have information and control over your genetics. The Nutrigenetics test guides you through the relationship between your genes and your nutrition. We leave it to you, in a discount voucher below