Welcome to menopause! We tell you how to live it better – The good begins! After several ups and downs in your hormones, it’s already been a year since you had your last period and what you’ve heard and read so much about is happening to you. Now you can blame everything on menopause!
It is this stage, heralded by the fact that you will not have your period again, it is infamous for the complex changes that it causes in your body and way of life: if you lose your sexual appetite, if you gain weight, if you are very irritable and your splendor for life is gone. Today we want to treat it and describe it for what it is, to clear the anxiety it can cause and talk to you about the tools we can give you to face it as if nothing had happened.
Everything will be fine!
What is menopause?
It is a physiological process and should be treated as such. Your body stops producing estrogen and progesterone, which are sex hormones, and therefore your bone, cardiovascular and urinary health will be affected. The duration of all these symptoms will depend largely on your habits and lifestyle, but also on your race, the climate and your age.
Menopause occurs in women between the ages of 40 and 50. In Spain, the average age is 51 years.
Changes during menopause
- End of childbearing age
- Hot flushes
- vaginal dryness
- Humor changes
- decreased libido
- More frequent need to urinate
- More likely to get urinary tract infections
Tips on menopause and how to live it better
- Get advice from your gynecologist, he will be able to guide you on the particular incidence of this period in you and may prescribe supplements to deal with the symptoms.
- Make your check-ups more constant. In fact, so that you have information about what is happening in your body, we offer you our Woman Checkup Plus at a discounted price. This test is designed to assess women’s health and if you are close to or already in menopause, experts advise having control over this data
PURCHASE YOUR CHECK-UP PLUS WOMEN HERE, AT A REDUCED PRICE
- Exercise regularly, which is extremely beneficial at any age and stage, especially with menopause because it will help improve your cardiovascular health and just half an hour of walking or some aerobic exercise is enough.
- Adapt your diet to this new phase in your life: for menopause it is advisable to reduce salt intake, which is not good for your heart and urinary system. You should also eat more fruits, vegetables, whole grains and fish.
- Moderate your habits as much as possible. stay away from cigarette, tobacco, alcohol and coffee
- Take care of your skin: from this moment it becomes drier and less elastic. Don’t forget to moisturize it a lot and exfoliate it, which brings us to the other tip:
- Do whatever it takes to relax and pamper yourself: massages, beauty treatments and time for yourself will be key to getting through menopause in the best way