It is a condition caused by irregular blood clotting in the form of thrombi, hence its name. These clots do not dissolve easily, resulting in swelling and tightness in the legs, trouble breathing deeply, altered skin pigmentation, and poor circulation.
One of the most notorious dangers of thrombophilia lies in the possibility that it evolves into respiratory or cerebral problems, because they are processes in which blood flow has a lot to do with it. As we always say, information is power and being aware of your health status is crucial to prevent.
Why does thrombophilia occur?
It can be given merely congenitally, that is, by genetic loads. However, there are acquired and hereditary causes:
- Varicose veins;
- Bone fracture;
- Pregnancy or puerperium;
- Cardiac disorders, heart attack or heart failure;
- Diabetes, high blood pressure, or high cholesterol;
- Use of medications such as oral contraceptives or hormone replacement;
- Being bedridden for many days, due to surgery or long-term hospitalization. It can also occur in cases of mental disorders such as advanced Alzheimer’s;
- Sitting for a long time during a plane or bus trip;
- Autoimmune diseases such as lupus, rheumatoid arthritis or antiphospholipid syndrome;
- Diseases caused by infections such as HIV, hepatitis C, syphilis or malaria;
- Deficiency of the body’s natural blood thinners called protein C, protein S, and antithrombin;
- Elevated concentration of the amino acid homocysteine;
- Mutations in blood-forming cells such as occurs in the factor V Leiden mutation;
- Excess blood enzymes that cause coagulation such as factor VII and fibrinogen.
Take preventive action Thrombophilia Test!
At medmesafe we offer the Thrombophilia Test, which with just a blood sample, for which you do not have to fast, you obtain a result on your status regarding thrombosis and your tendency towards it.
We have it in an offer that discounts the price and makes it more affordable for you to acquire it on our platform than in other laboratories. Click here.