What is included in the price of the service?
a full service is included in the price containing: the first contact with the medical specialist that will follow you throughout the process, the samples collection and their analysis, and the final delivery and explanation of results by the selected health professional.
Does the patient need to be registered to buy a service?
Yes, the patient must sign up before making the purchase. By registering, he/she would fill in their personal data and he/she must specify the personal and family background important enough for the interpretation of the results and the appropriate genetic counseling. The patient will have all the information about the status of his analysis in his personal area, from which he can download the results after a physician referenced by medmesafe has explained them to him/her, making sure they are fully understood.
The patient can make the purchase of any of our services by debit or credit card.
Return and cancellation policy for patients
To comply with the withdrawal period, it is enough that the communication relating to the exercise of this return and cancellation right would be sent to the service provider before 14 days.
The client is aware and expressly informed that he will have lost his right of withdrawal in the following cases:
- When the service requested consists of the issuance of an indication or prescription by a professional, at the moment in which it is issued.
- When the requested service consists of carrying out an analysis that requires the collection or extraction of a blood sample, at the moment in which said collection or extraction is carried out in the corresponding clinic or extraction center.
- When the requested service consists in carrying out an analysis that requires the delivery of a sample collection kit to the specialist, at the moment when the kit delivered for the collection of samples is opened or unpacked, even when the sample is collected and has not been used.
In all the indicated cases, the client will have lost his right of withdrawal if the indicated circumstances were met, without there being any reimbursement of the amounts that were paid by him during the purchase of the service.
When will be available the result?
The time to obtain the results will depend on the type of analysis performed by the patient. Within the product sheet of each product you can check the delivery time, calculated from the arrival of the sample to the lab.
How is the sample taken?
Analysis that requires sampling by oral swab:
In the purchase process you must indicate the address to which you want us to send you the sample collection kit by mouth swab. When you receive it, you only need to follow the instructions that you will find inside the package to collect the sample, close the kit again and request the collection for analysis in the laboratory.
Analysis that require blood sampling:
In the purchase process you must indicate the phone number for we will contact you to schedule an appointment at the extraction center of your choice. Once the extraction is done, we will take care of getting the sample to the laboratory for analysis.
Why is PROMETUM SPAIN S.L.U. in some browsers in the security zone?
Because we have an EV certificate (Extended Validation). Currently, this certificate is the highest level of security that exists. This type of certificates shows the name of the company and not the URL as is the case in some browsers such as Safari (characteristic of this browser). To be able to view the URL, just click on the name of the company.
What are the benefits of knowing the genetic inheritance?
Our genes are the basis that makes unique every each human being. Owning the information that your DNA offers, can benefit you in several aspects:
1. It allows your doctor to know your health status and confirm or exclude a genetic disease.
2. It provides very valuable information for the whole family, even for members who haven’t been screened.
3. Allows appropriate monitoring for each member of the family based on the results, and it enables taking early diagnosis and prevention measures if appropriate.