What do we offer?
- Detects: Down syndrome (trisomy 21)
Patients must be of at least 10 weeks gestational age
- Reliability: 99.9%
- Counselling: By an expert in genetics
Blood draw sample at extraction centre
⌖ More than 50 centers in Spain: See List
- Results in: 3 to 5 days*
- € 199 **
[*] Labour days counting from reception of the sample at the laboratory.
[**] Only available in Spain.
Why should you request this service?
What is the purpose of this analysis?>
To detect the presence of the genetic marker causing the Down syndrome in the foetus (chromosome 21 trisomy).
To answer your doubts and concerns with a simple blood draw analysis.
To know, if you wish, in advance, your future baby's gender.
To enable you for taking preventive measures, always into the current regulations, in case of detection.
Should you do it?>
If you are older than 35 years.
If you present fetal abnormalities.
If you previously had a pregnancy with abnormalities in chromosome number.
If you present hereditary risk of abnormal chromosome number.
If you present high risk of abnormal chromosome number detected by the biochemical screening of the first trimester.
How does it work?
Download the order details from your private area.
Go to an extraction centre.
One of our partner labs makes the analysis.
Your healthcare professional presents your results.
Do you need more information?
¿How is this process done?>
It performs an analysis of the fetal DNA contained in the blood of the mother by doing a massive fetal genome sequencing using the Next Generation Sequencing technique.
¿What is qNIPT technique?>
qNIPT determines differences between methylation patterns in specific maternal and foetal DNA genetic regions. Certain genetic regions of the maternal DNA are hypometilated while the same regions are hypermetilated in the case of foetal DNA. These specific metilated genetic regions are used as DNA biomarkers for detection of the trisomy 21 on the fetus.
qNIPT test for trisomy 21 detection is an reliable and robust method appropiate for clinical routine, according to international medical associations.
q-NIPT T21 by q-PC Test limitations>
- This method is based in the cuantification of allelic dose, so it is restricted to structural anomalies.
- Since foetal DNA proceed from apoptosis from trophoblast cells, q-NIPT T21 by q-PCR Test can throw false-positive or false-negative results because of placenta confined mosaicism and foetal mosaicism.
- In case of twin pregnancy with evanescent foetus presence, q-NIPT T21 by q-PCR Test cannot be done.
- Presence of CNVs (copy number variations).
- This test is only for singleton gestations.
- Maternal alterations: alterations that can affect or limit the test results (preeclampsia, heparin treatment, overweight…).
- The results can be altered by presence of mutations or unclassified variations.