What requirements do I need to travel from Spain to Chile? The answer depends on whether I am a national or permanent resident in Chile. For those of us who want to visit the South American country for tourism, we must meet certain requirements similar to those who reside in the country.
Currently, the Chilean Government makes the following web address available to the public, so that we can check if our vaccination schedule is valid to enter the country. We just have to click on the link mevacuno.gob.cl, and follow the instructions on that page.
Similarly, not all access to Chile is allowed for non-resident foreigners. Arrival must be done through the authorized borders, in the case of international flights Iquique, Antofagasta and Arturo Merino (Santiago). In the case of land borders, only exceptional cases will be allowed.
List of requirements to travel from Spain to Chile
- Obtain the mobility pass, through the link: https://mevacuno.gob.cl
- An RT-PCR test of no more than 72 hours.
- The affidavit where we indicate our situation against Covid-19
- Medical insurance, which covers incidents related to Covid-19, including self-isolation in case of contagion.
Should I make quarantine when I get to Chile?
Yes, all of us who arrive in Chile from November 1 onwards will have to do a mandatory quarantine upon arrival. The number of days will depend on the following factors:
- If I have a mobility pass or vaccination schedule validated by the Chilean Ministry of Health, the time will be the time it takes to obtain a negative RT-PCR test.
- If I don’t have a mobility pass, it will be a 7-day quarantine.
At medmesafe we put at your disposal more than 120 laboratories throughout Spain, which can provide you with the RT-PCR test you need to meet the requirements of your trip from Spain to Chile.