Countries that accept the Covid-19 certificate to travel

Today, July 1st, the Covid-19 “passport” comes into force for some countries. In a past post, we explained that it is a document (digital or physical), which will allow to gradually recover the free movement of citizens through the European Union. This document contains the information of its owner against Covid-19, that is:

  • If the person has been vaccinated, with which vaccine and how many doses do they have.
  • How long have you received the vaccination from him
  • If you have passed Covid-19 and have developed antibodies.
  • Negative antigen or PCR result.

In this way, the authorities will be able to know the situation of each person against the Coronavirus or Covid-19, the main mission is to facilitate travel between territories belonging to the European Union and countries associated with Schengen.

How is this certificate obtained?

Well, several scenarios arise, before knowing the conditions you should know that at least in Spain, it is issued by each autonomous community, and you must have passed through one of the health controls: vaccination or Covid infection. In the case of the RT-PCR test and travel antigens, they are not covered by Social Security.

If you have been vaccinated: you must have completed the two doses of the vaccine, wait 14 days and you will be able to travel; in the case of single-dose vaccines, it will be the same waiting time. For people who have passed the Covid-19 and have developed antibodies, with a single vaccination dose it is considered that they already have the full dose.

If you have been infected with Covid-19, you have taken an antigen test or PCR with social security, and it has not been more than 180 days, you can present this result to obtain the QR code.

If you do not qualify in any of the above cases, you will have to pay for your RT-PCR or antigen test, the type of test you must perform will depend on your destination. We have a post that tells you what test each country accepts to visit in the following link.

If I am vaccinated, but my children are not, what do I do?

As we know, vaccination (at least in Spain) began prioritizing the oldest adults in the population. Currently, in Spain adults between 40-45 years of age are already being vaccinated; But what if you travel as a family?

Well, the answer varies according to the destination, let’s take an example of a family that wants to take their grandparents and children on vacation to France, according to the Ministry of Foreign Affairs of Spain, all children under 11 years of age are exempt from presenting a Covid-19 diagnostic test, understanding that the elderly are already vaccinated, all other members of the family must take a RT-PCR test or an antigen test no longer than 72 hours.

What destinations can I visit?

According to the ABC news portal, with this certificate, you can travel to any of the 27 member states of the European Union: Germany, Austria, Belgium, Bulgaria, Cyprus, Croatia, Denmark, Slovakia, Slovenia, Spain, Estonia, Finland, France, Greece, Hungary, Ireland, Italy, Latvia, Lithuania, Luxembourg, Malta, the Netherlands, Poland, Portugal, the Czech Republic, Romania and Sweden; also Iceland, Liechtenstein, Norway, and Switzerland.

At medmesafe, we ​​place at your disposal a network of certified laboratories to carry out your PCR Test (throughout Spain), Home PCR Test, Rapid Antibody Test, and Rapid Antigen Test by contacting us through the following form

Content Marketing Specialist for websites and social networks +10 years experience in creative writing for different fields AIESEC Alumni Bachelor of Social Communication with specialization in Marketing and Corporate Communications (UCAB)